Safe Plates Program
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Safe Plates is NC State Extension’s family of evidence-based food safety programming and resources for retail, community, and home-based food safety.
The Bladen County Center of N.C. Cooperative Extension offers Safe Plates for Food Managers and Safe Plates Food Handlers.
Safe Plates for Food Managers
This program prepares managers for the American National Standards Institute approved Food Protection Manager Certification. Managers successfully completing this ANSI exam meet the FDA Food Code 2017 requirement for a Certified Food Protection Manager. This certificate not only meets the same requirement in North Carolina but is also good throughout the United States for five years.
Participants trained in Safe Plates for Food Managers are equipped to create a work environment that minimizes food safety risks in their restaurants, cafeterias, and grocery stores through best practices, open communication, and thoughtful practice. Safe Plates differs from other food safety manager classes as it is taught through case studies, storytelling, activities, and discussion. Course content includes developing a food safety culture at the worksite, safe handling, preparation, storage, allergens, and active management. This class is interactive and encourages participants to engage with the material.
In-Person Safe Plates for Food Manager Course
- Comprehensive multi-day sessions for food service managers and supervisory staff. Taught in Bladen County.
- Registration fee is $115 per person. Includes all instruction, book, test, and proctor. Cash or check only payable to Bladen County Extension. It is recommended to pay in person at the Extension office in Elizabethtown.
- Books and classes will be in English, tests are available in English, Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, and Traditional Chinese (need 15 days notice).
- Accommodations related to a disability should be made 15 days before class. Tests will be given on the last day of class.
- Classes are generally offered in the Spring and Fall. The next Safe Plates for Food Manager’s Course will be August 2 -4, 2022. Additional Details will be shared below.
- If you have a group of employees that need a course outside of the established dates, please contact Krista Johnson at 910-862-4591 or email@example.com.
Virtual Safe Plates for Food Manager Course
If attending an in-person class does not fit your schedule, the Virtual Safe Plates for Food Manager’s course may be a better fit.
Registration can be completed at go.ncsu.edu/spfm-online, and immediate access to the course is granted upon registration. Price of the course depends on if you want to purchase the training and exam together. Please see the options below:
- Training + In-Person Exam – $125 Price includes 365-day access to the program and online instructors plus the cost of the exam.
- Training Only – $90 Price includes 365-day access to the program and online instructors. To view our help videos on registration, accessing the course, and more, please visit go.ncsu.edu/spfm-help. You can also view a list of FAQs about the program.
Tests will be administered in person at the Bladen County Extension Center in Elizabethtown, NC.
Safe Plates for Food Handler Training Program
Safe Plates for Food Handlers is a short, 4-hour training that covers basic information on safe food handling. This program covers temperature control, personal hygiene and health, preventing cross-contamination, cleaning and sanitizing, and allergens.
Registration fee: $10
This program is ideal for anyone working in restaurants, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, and other food establishments. This course is also appropriate for volunteer and temporary food handlers, such as those working at soup kitchens or fundraising events. Great for churches and organizations that frequently serve food to groups. Also, serves as a resume builder for those seeking employment in the food service field.
Note: This is NOT a Food Safety Manager Training. It would be appropriate as a review for individuals that have completed the Food Safety Manager Certification in the past. Previously certified FSM may take the ANSI exam after this class for an additional fee.
For more information on Safe Plates in Bladen County, call 910.862.4591 or email Krista Johnson, firstname.lastname@example.org